At Prendiville Catholic College there are five Senior School pathways that provide students with a variety of avenues to success beyond Year 12. The five pathway combination aims to provide each student with the best opportunity to achieve their greatest potential, fulfil interests and realise personal goals.
The five Senior School learning pathways are:
- The ATAR pathway or direct university pathway is for those students who are aiming for a university education beyond Prendiville and will study at least four ATAR courses.
- The LINKed pathway provides students with an alternative pathway to Edith Cowan University. The pathway is a partnership between Prendiville Catholic College and Edith Cowan College.
- The DESIGNed Pathway provides students with a passion and talent in the disciplines of Art and Design and Technology and Design to have a direct pathway to Curtin University. This pathway will also provide students with industry experience, access to Curtin mentors, facilities and participation in a variety of Curtin experiences.
- The FLEXed pathway is a pathway for those students who seek senior secondary education in a flexible learning environment with a focus on Business and Design. This pathway can be tailored to either a WACE or Non-WACE pathway to suit student needs.
- The GENERAL pathway is a General course pathway for those students who aspire to enter the workforce, TAFE or University via indirect entry.
Students in Year 11 at Prendiville Catholic College must choose 6 courses. These courses run 5 times a week in a 30 period week. In choosing their courses students should ensure this is done in accordance with all WACE Guidelines and future post school destinations requirements. Further information is available on our website in the Curriculum section under WACE Requirements - Post School Destinations.
Religion and either English or Literature remain compulsory in Years 11 and 12.